Perhaps the world’s most popular belay device – with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single-rope diameters, for both gym and crag:
- Feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques (always keep a hand on the brake side of the rope);
- Belaying convenience, thanks to assisted braking (when a climber falls, the device pivots on the carabiner, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and brakes the rope).
Holding the brake side of the rope helps to engage the cam; therefore, it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope:
- Compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 mm to 11 mm (optimised for 8.9 mm to 10.5 mm);
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device.
Exceptional convenience when lowering:
- The ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone;
- Easily controlled, progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent.
Intended for all users:
- Simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers;
- Optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable.
Weight: 175 g
Rope compatibility: 8.5 mm to 11 mm single rope
Material(s): aluminium side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA