Get in the Zone during your next session with this new high-performance shoe built with Black Diamond’s innovative Engineered Knit Technology. Designed for hard, steep climbing, the Zone combines unparalleled breathability and comfort, thanks to the knit upper, with moulded rubber for superior grip.
The Zone is a two-strap Velcro shoe that combines the award-winning comfort and breathability of BD’s Momentum climbing shoes, with the high-performance last of BD’s Shadows to create a shoe built for sending at the gym or the crag. The Zone’s upper consist of BD’s Engineered Knit Technology, which provides stretch where you need it, support where it matters and all-around exceptional breathability-meaning you can go hard at the gym without worrying about your feet overheating. The shoes last is downturned and based on BD’s aggressive shape, making the Zone adept at pulling hard on steep rock or plastic. The Zone’s sticky Fuze rubber is moulded and inspired by the way we forge BD’s carabiners and not cut from one sheet of rubber. This is an engineered solution to optimise the shoe’s rubber and rands for consistency and comfort. The shoe’s vamp area also has printed rubber for extra friction while toe-hooking, and the medium-flex midsole adds a balance of sensitivity and power. For hard training sessions, this is the Zone you want to be in.
- Engineered Knit Technology upper provides exceptional breathability and comfort;
- 4.3 mm Fuse rubber is printed and moulded for superior grip, optimal consistency, and performance;
- Downturned last for steep pulling;
- Minimalist midsole for extra sensitivity on steep terrain;
- Two velcro straps for fit adjustability and one designed extra wide for locking in an aggressive fit;
- Regular last for regular to higher volume feet.